THE 2018 CWEA AWARDS PROGRAM
Are you proud of your work, your colleagues, your plant, or your team? Make it known and apply for the CWEA/SARBS 2018 Awards!
The aplication forms are now available online! There are over 20 categories for CWEA/SARBS awards. Each one has been designed to honor exceptional CWEA/SARBS members and California wastewater professionals, facilities and agencies. Nominations for our local SARBS section awards use the state CWEA forms and should be submitted through the online CWEA process before 11:59 pm PST on November 30, 2018. The SARBS awards nominations will be reviewed and winners announced at our SARBS Awards Banquet. The SARBS awards winners will be automatically submitted to the state level and winners at that level will be announced at the CWEA annual conference. Our local SARBS Awards Chairperson is Roy Reynolds, who can be contacted at RREYNOLDS@OCSD.COM if you have questions. Here’s what you need to do:
GETTING STARTED: Apply online following the instruction and application form HERE.
The aim of this annual competition is to encourage outstanding achievements within the water environment field, improve the professional status of all personnel working in the field, and stimulate public awareness of the importance of wastewater treatment to public health and the water environment.
Winners will be honored at the Annual Conference taking place in Palm Springs on April 9-12, 2018
Top Ten reasons to make a CWEA awards nomination by
Kay Allen of the TriCounties sections are:
- Awards are fun to get!
- Great additions to office wall space.
- Awards come in many forms – from the illustrious Plant of the Year Award to the prestigious Collections System Person of the Year to the esteemed Outstanding Young Professional of the Year.
- Award winners names are prominently displayed on the E-Bulletin, in your Local Section newsletter, in the Awards Gallery at the Annual Conference, etc.
- Awards are great motivational tools.
- Looks great on your resume.
- Great for showing your staff how much you appreciate their work.
- Local Section winner’s nominations are forwarded to the state to compete for state-wide awards.
- Awards show your agency’s governing body that your staff members are well respected professionals in their field.
- The recipient of a CWEA award can proudly point to their award to prove they really know their stuff!