Communication Essentials Workshop
Registration is Open
Everywhere we turn we find the need for better public communication. We must become great communicators so we can engage our communities on topics such as drought, rates, upgrades due to regulations, construction projects, what-to-flush, relining projects, odors, overflows and more. This workshop is hosted by CASA’s Communication Workgroup in partnership with CWEA. The facilitators are communication leaders from some of California’s largest wastewater and resource recovery agencies. Lunch is included. You can earn up to 5.2 CWEA Contact Hours towards ALL CWEA vocations. Please refer to the flyer for more information.
How can you transform your agency from a silent service into one that is well known and respected in your community?
Through communications! This workshop will teach you the essentials of a communications program and how to implement one.
The Early Bird Deadline is Monday, October 3, 2016
Participants will learn:
- Why a communications program is critical to your agency’s objectives
- How to make more informed decisions around communications/planning
- How to convey the value of a communications program to colleagues
- The key components of a media relations program
- To develop a media relations and crisis communication policy/plan
- How to identify your communication toolkit priorities & make an action plan
Who Should Attend:
- Agency leaders
- Public affairs professionals
- Project managers and engineers
- Public works leaders
- Collection system leads, supervisors and managers
- Biosolids professionals
- Treatment plant managers